Cake or pie?

Monday, November 10, 2008

1 Down, 2 to Go

I just finished my anatomy & physiology exam this morning. There were under 50 questions, but also a "short essay" section where we were required to fill in the blanks concerning the events that lead up to contraction starting with the neuromuscular junction, i.e. impulse sent, ACh released via exocytosis into the synaptic cleft, binds to receptors on the motor end plate, Na+ floods in, depolarization, etc. through to acetylcholinesterase breaks down the ACh into acetic acid and choline. I found out that the way a lot of nerve gases, for example sarin, work is by the use of an ACh inhibitor, which causes ACh to flood the synaptic cleft, which leads to paralysis and death.

I feel like I did pretty well on it, but when I got up, I had dropped my scantron but had my stapled exam papers. The professor looked at me like, "Aren't you missing something?" Someone was nice enough to bring me the scantron even though she was still taking her exam, but my scantron probably fell in her lap. Whoops.

On another note, after I parked this morning, I saw something interesting in the parking lot: an empty box for a home pregnancy test, very classy. I'm not going to read much into it, people have sex in college and accidents happen. Maybe it wasn't an accident, who knows. Maybe it was a practical joke, but why waste money on someting like that? Anyway, I have to get back to studying, I have my cell bio exam this afternoon and I need to get back to it.

No comments: