Cake or pie?

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cruising Along..

I keep checking the university website like a hawk on the lookout for my chemistry grade. I keep crossing my fingers and hoping that, above the 45 I'm pretty sure I got right out of 70, I was a pretty decent guesser on the rest.

I was so excited earlier today, a delivery truck came by and dropped some stuff off. One of my sisters asked what I wanted for Christmas, I said I wanted a white board (dry-erase board). I figured it would be useful for a few things: keeping me organized, and being able to work out problems on it for chem, and "teach" myself concepts in my post-bac classes, you know, or diagram a certain system or even a metabolic pathway. So I got my white board, now I have to mount it on the wall. She kicked it the markers, eraser, and cleaner set as well. Awesome!

I ran tonight over at my sister's house (Chris's mom!), since she has a treadmill, only 3 miles. I got over there and my sister says she was going to get Chinese food, her treat. The last time I ate Chinese BEFORE a run, it wasn't pretty. Needless to say, I had to cut that run short, so I resolved to eat after the run. I was looking forward to cracking open the fortune cookie and seeing what my fortune was, but I had a run to do, and my sister had Chinese food to pick up. I asked for beef chow mein, and I said thank you later after I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Lately I've been watching the seasons of Supernatural on DVD while I run on the treadmill. Love that show: the humor, the GOOOOOORE at times, and they always have plenty of hot women on the show. I usually do 3-5 miles a day, more so when I'm training for a marathon. I've run two marathons: the 32nd Marine Corps Marathon in 2007, and the 33rd Marine Corps Marathon in 2008. I plan on running it again in 2009, but I'm also thinking about running a marathon in the spring. I know that the Music City Marathon is in Nashville, in April, I believe. The good thing about that, is most of my mom's family lives in and around Nashville, so it would be awesome to visit them since I don't get to see them that often. I am not sure if registration is closed, I need to get on that and check it out, and if it is, maybe there is something else I can run in the spring, full marathon or a half.

Coincidentally, I told someone the first "race" I ever ran was a marathon. They seemed kind of surprised and said, "Don't you usually do like a 5K, or 10K, or a half before biting off marathon?" What can I say? I'll leave it to the fortune cookie I cracked and ate before the beef chow mein, which said, "You like a challenge."

I guess that's me. I baked brownies tonight too, for the first time. I guess it's a result of wanting to use stuff up around the house and not having anything to do since classes are out, and at least brownies aren't that challenging. Well, maybe they are, to your gut!

No comments: